Do you know that perfect looking, glowy summer skin you see being advertised everywhere?! It’s something that can make every woman jealous. Unfortunately, most of us are stuck with that not-so-perfect skin which often requires expensive treatments and all kinds of high-end cosmetic products we can’t afford. But don’t lose hope just yet! There is no need to spend your entire month’s salary on skincare products. Just follow these simple few steps which will make you achieve that flawless look you’ve always wanted:
You’ve heard it a million times before, fried and processed foods are your skin’s worst enemies. So, avoid eating greasy junk food.
Also, avoid sugar, unless you are using is as an exfoliator.
What you should do is stick to a healthy diet of these so-called “skin foods” which is the key to maintaining a healthy complexion.
Some of them are:
- Cooked tomatoes – filled with Lycopene, the phytochemical that makes red, tomatoes help boost collagen strength which gives you that youthful structure.
- Carrots – contain plenty of beta-carotene and vitamin A which prevent overproduction of cells in the skin’s outer layer.
- Salmon – contains dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), an amino acid compound that strengthens cell membranes and guards them against deterioration which causes premature aging.
- Eggs – Always eat the entire egg. The yolk contains the “beauty vitamin” called biotin which helps protect skin from acne, rashes, and even dryness.
- Blueberries – also known as nature’s number one superfoods. Packed with antioxidants, blueberries help your body fight cell-damaging and skin-aging free radicals. They also help boost the strength of collagen fibers.
Drink lots of fluids
With the upcoming warmer seasons, everything starts getting dry. Whether it’s water, tea or a fresh fruit juice, drink it as much as you can, whenever you can.
“Without adequate water intake, skin appears duller, and wrinkles and pores more prominent”, explains Rachel Nazarian, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist at the Schweiger Dermatology Group in New York City and an assistant clinical professor of dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Here are some of the essential facts when it comes to the importance of drinking water:
- Water is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture.
- Water is a crucial factor when it comes to anti-ageing treatments – it keeps the skin well hydrated and glistening.
- Drinking plenty of water battles skin disorders like psoriasis, wrinkles, and eczema.
- Cold water makes pores tight thus preventing them from getting clogged.
- A cold water bath soothes redness and prepares the skin for better makeup application.
Watch out for the Sun!
Avoid direct exposure to the sun during UV radiation hours – between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m, if you can’t then at least cover yourself.
If you want to work on your tan, do it early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Soaking up the sun accelerates the effects of aging and increases your chances of developing skin cancer.
Always use sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher.
Also, wear sunglasses with total UV protection or contact lenses which offer UV protection.
Use Natural skin care products
You should always prefer All-natural skin care products opposed to chemical ones. The simple reason is that the chances of side effects are immensely lower when it comes to going natural.
This is one of the most important things you can do for your skin!
Choose wisely! Use only high-quality cosmetic brands like Dermalogica which has almost 30 years of experience behind it and highly satisfied consumers all around the world.
Don’t buy products without doing research, read the labels to find the active ingredients and make sure they are suitable for your skin.
Create a daily skin care routine: The key to having a healthy skin is establishing what you need and sticking to it.
Try to remember that perfect, glowy skin actually comes from within. Take care of your body and in return, it will give you the flawless look you won’t ever get tired of flaunting.